Thursday, September 22, 2011

Barthelona

Barcelona was the last stop of my Euro tour. The weather here is sooo warm and beautiful, which is really refreshing after the time we spent in rainy Prague. Plus, the food here is the BEST of anywhere I've been so far. I am addicted to cured meat.

On our first day we want to La Boqueria Market, which is an oldschool Spanish market full of meat, cheese, tapas, fruit, juice, and other random vendors. I immediately ordered a strawberry/pineapple juice. It was really cool because the market was packed with random people shopping for their groceries.






Nadia and I bought packs of fruit for 1 euro! It was sooo delicious.



After the market we stopped for sangria and cured meat.




Then we strolled through the city to see the sights. I got a fresh melon popsicle. I kinda ate a lot in Barcelona...





Most of the things you worry about won't ever happen. Be happy!


We found my house in Barcelona!


We strolled down to the harbor and walked along the water to get to a big park/mountain. We climbed to the top of the mountain (so athletic) and of course got some sangria and patatas bravas. I made it my mission to eat as many potatoes as possible. After our recuperative sangria Irene and I shared two sandwiches: one with salami and cheese and one with prosciutto and cheese. Simple and delicious.







We stopped by the Olympic Stadium during the sunset.





Earlier today we went to La Sagrada Familia, a beautiful cathedral designed by Gaudi. The inside was beautiful and so intricate.





This afternoon we spent a few hours at the beach lazing in the sun. It was so nice to be in the heat for awhile. It reminded me of Santa Cruz!


Tonight we had a great going away dinner. Me, Irene, and Nadia will be separated for the rest of the semester, so we had to do it right. We ordered patatas bravas, baby octopus, asparagus, garlic prawns, foie gras, sardines, and of course paella. Usually I'm not a big fan of bivalves but I tried some mussels tonight and they were delicious!





YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Tomorrow I finally leave for Italy. Although I've enjoyed traveling, I'm really looking forward to being in the same place for awhile, using a full sized towel, and oh yeah, being able to shower in a REAL shower. Plus it'll be so nice to have my own room again! No offense, Nadia and Irene.

xo,
R

2 comments:

  1. your accent eth perfecto! looks glorious. international potatoes must be meaning a lot to you, eh? ;(

    BYEBYE, or ciao!

    ReplyDelete